Sunday, January 11, 2009

Breton is 11 Months Old Today!



I can't believe we have only one more month before Breton is a year old. I was standing in the backyard last night with her, and the temperature, the silence and the snow around me felt so similar to the first night I brought her home from the airport and we were in the backyard together. Time goes fast. Her face seems to look different when she looks up at me while we are walking together lately, more mature or something. She is a strong, healthy girl and is doing very well. Her "watch me" cue is very good. We are working on her excitability and the barking that comes with that and I'm sure we will get that taken care of. As she is getting older, it's getting harder to put it out of my mind that her time with us is drawing closer to the end and I keep finding myself wondering about the next puppy we might raise. Breton is getting so mature, she's not my baby anymore, but definitely my girl. I just know that she is meant to go on to bigger things when she leaves us. It will be so sad for us when she leaves, but I can feel in my heart that she is meant to have a future partner to love and take care of. I am cherishing every moment with her for now and not taking anything for granted (even when she comes in the house with poo breath). I want her to be happy and enjoy every one of her moments with me as well, so I try to focus on that for her. In the mean time, there will be lots of runs in the park, walks, Jolly ball playing and wrestling in the backyard with her Bentley. Her favorite things. Next time, it's her 12-month update and I've heard there might be a party involved?

No comments:

Post a Comment