Thursday, September 11, 2008

7 Months: Growing Up

We no longer have a baby, but a young dog. Breton's age is now compared to preteen/early teenage years in humans. We have moments when she looks at me blankly when I call her name, or instead of barreling towards me at an excited speed when called, she meanders a bit first before coming. On the plus side, I have noticed as she is getting older that we are sharing more of the sweet and calmer moments.




We are getting to know each other better and she is becoming much more of a partner. I feel this most when we are walking together in a public place and she is in jacket, right beside my leg keeping with my pace, as if she was always meant to be there. I feel so proud of her and know that who ever it is she is placed with as a future assistance or guide dog, they will be very honoured to have her as their partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment