Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Breton Goes to School: y = f (x)

I have resumed math classes again on Mon. and Wed. nights at Metro Continuing Education. I asked Metro if it would be okay if Breton joined me, and they agreed with the condition that she wasn't a distraction to others and that no one in the class had an allergy to her. At the end of our first class together on Mon., people commented on how good she was and that it was like she wasn't even there. No body had allergies and the teacher told me she could continue for the rest of the semester. How surprising for me to find out that having her there would be so difficult for me!

Crunch, Crunch, Crunch:
I learned that Breton can chew one piece of kibble, three times (crunch, crunch, crunch) and also while doing so, be taking in a breath through her mouth similar to a Darth Vader sound. It felt like sitting in a room full of people who were in deep concentration, and having some one in the back ground eating carrot sticks.

Rich Puppy Smell:
Breton was sound asleep at my feet and I was taking notes when the all too familiar Breton smell began wafting its way up to me. This girl can clear a room and I know the people around us were all victims while she slept soundly. Sigh.

Feet Cuddles:
During the three hour class (with a 10-min. break), she would sleep for 20-minutes, and then wake up and move around my chair, and in to the isle behind us. She settled once on the feet of the man sitting beside me at my table, and he said that he enjoyed having her there. I had to bribe her with kibble to move her closer to me.

We were at the park for an hour that morning and an hour before class. She's coming with me again next Mon., as Greg is unavailable to take care of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment