Wednesday, November 26, 2008

UH - OH! Busted!



As I was coming out of the kitchen into the living room, right before my eyes, Breton jumped up on to the couch as if she had done this many times before, and curled up on it like she even had a "spot" there. Breton is not allowed on any of the furniture, and we have been so diligent about keeping "four on the floor", always. Recently, we began teaching her the command "raise", where she will put her two front paws up on surfaces about as high as a bench (or couch). The idea is, she is to learn only to do this when asked, and eventually she will use this skill for jobs such as handing a casheir her owner's credit card if need be. I had the camera on the kitchen counter, so as I was telling her off (notice how she's looking away from me), I had to sneak a photo. Doesn't it tell two stories? Bentley is permitted to sit up there (only since we adopted Breton) and she is laying in his favorite spot! Ha ha! The couch is his safe spot from her puppy ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment