Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gotta Trust my Dog

On Friday night's class at Waggin' Tails, Maria asked how our dogs are doing at loose leash walking without their Halti's on. I said Breton still pulls without her Halti and realized that meant we had home work to do. After class, I was thinking and just assumed she would pull without it and that I haven't really given her much of a chance to show me otherwise. Yesterday and this morning, we went to Southgate Shopping Center and walked with out the Halti. Breton did very well , and thanks to Andrew's tip (Rigger's dad) we practice the "watch me" cue as we walked. We spent time walking in the busy part of the mall with only a couple of minor distractions. By the end of our outing yesterday, I had her clipped on to my belt and walking beside me through the mall and out to the van with a coffee in my hand, and Breton's eyes focused on me. Way to go Breton!

No comments:

Post a Comment