Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Morning Kisses

S-p-r-i-n-g

We seem to have a reoccurring pattern that has developed with Breton. As mentioned in previous blog postings, we have always encouraged the motto "four on the floor" with her. The only time it is okay for four to leave the floor is when we give her the queue "raise." There aren't a lot of rules that DWW asks us to abide by, but one of them is that dogs are not allowed on the furniture. Even when Breton was the tiniest baby we never even held her on our lap on the furniture, _ever_.

Now, in the morning while I am still sleeping, Breton springs up on to the bed and lands perfectly, right between Greg and I and starts licking and nibbling my ear while her tail wags at a joyous speed. I've sort of become used to this ritual in that my heart doesn't stop with fear when I feel her land beside me anymore, but my heart does ache when I concentrate on remaining boring and apathetic so she doesn't think it is fun to stay on the bed, all the while saying "off" so that she will get down.

I'm not sure when this behaviour will subside but I will remain steadfast in encouraging that she remain on the floor and will continue to ensure that she leaves the bed promptly. Allow me to say, this is not easy for me because it just feels so darn good having her sweet face so close to me first thing in the morning (Greg, you know I love you too).

I hope I am not the only one who will appreciate ear kisses from this poo eating dog?

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like fun, Dash can be a lot like Breton sometimes (especially that picture of the bull http://dogswithwingsdash.blogspot.com). I have a very low bed and Dash used to give me kisses (sometimes even a nibble when she was young) to wake me up to say "I need to go out" in the morning, Now I've learned to tuck my head in. It does wonders for your bedhead!
    Charis

    ReplyDelete