Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tundra


On the plane to Phoenix - Tundra's first flight with volunteer Puppies in Flight employee from US Airways.






Frog Boy

Last Wednesday, we had the joy of having Tundra in our home for three nights. She is a member of the H-litter, who all went to their puppy raising homes on the same day we brought Tundra home. Tundra's mama is Brooklyn, who is a DWW dog and her father is Fire, from a guide/assistance dog school in Pennsylvania. DWW agreed to give them a puppy in exchange for Fire's role in the creation of the six beautiful puppies that he sired.
Tundra had a chaperon from US Airways Puppies in Flight service fly to Edmonton to pick her up and take her back to Pennsylvania so that she didn't have to fly in a crate in the belly of the plane. They had a gruelling flight itinerary that was initially supposed to have them to their destination on Sunday, providing they made all of the flights (I think he was on stand-by as an employee). Anyway, when he met Elisa and I in the airport, he only had twenty minutes before his flight left. I found out on Monday that they didn't make their flight out because customs had closed before they got there! They ended up spending the night at the Nisku Inn and flew out on Sunday morning (pre or post snow fall, I'm not sure). From what I understood, they were staying at his home in Phoenix until today when they could make the final legs of their journey.
It was a real joy having Tundra and even after only three days with her, my stomach got knotted up and my eyes were teary when I said good-bye. It was the cutest thing when I turned back to watch them walk away, puppy under arm, with legs, tail and bum hanging freely as they headed toward the elevator to the departures level.
When Elisa forwarded me the picture of Tundra on the airplane seat, it made both Greg and I miss the little girl. Good luck Tundra!

No comments:

Post a Comment