Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Transitioning

Breton is doing well. She has been hanging out in her new crate off and on for the past week and even stayed home in her crate with the door closed almost by herself on Sunday. Greg was working in the basement and I left to do groceries while Breton stayed in her crate. Greg kept his ears open, and didn't hear a peep out of her. When I came home, she was laying down in her crate and looked very relaxed. We leave the door open to it when we are home, and she has even gone inside it on her own and fallen asleep a couple of times since introducing it to her.

We are looking at getting her involved with The Chimo Animal Assisted Therapy Project and will update the blog when I know more about how we are going to be involved.

I've found it sad on the past couple of Nova Scotia dog training days, as we are no longer able to attend. I miss being a part of that now. We still hang with her brother Schooner and his puppy raiser Leah, at the park on Tuesday's and Thursday's and will be joining them tomorrow for a play date. I will try and get some pictures of them to post.

Thank-you for all of your support and comments about Breton's news and I will keep the blog posted as to where this change takes our special girl. Sincerely - Shannon & Breton

PS -
Yesterday I had a procedure done at the hospital and had a mild sedation for it. When I came home, both dogs were concerned and interested in all of the hospital smells I brought with me. I was tired and slept the rest of the day on the couch. For the first hour I was home, Breton "raised" onto the couch (feet on the floor) and rested her head on my chest while I slept. Therapy dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment